- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 gluten free chicken stock cubes
- Half a bottle of red wine
- 2 400g can chopped, peeled tomatoes
- 140g (3/4 cup) seeded kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1kg (about 8) chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Creamy Lemon Pepper Mashed Potato, to serve (This delicious recipe will follow soon!)
In a large saucepan, fry the onion, garlic, carrots and celery in the oil until softened. Add the chicken stock cubes and fry for a further minute. Add the tomatoes, red wine, kalamata olives and parsley and simmer until thickened but not dry. Add the chicken fillets and cover the saucepan for at least 8 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and serve with Creamy Lemon Pepper Mashed Potato.
My dad gave this dish 7 1/2 out of 10, Demitri, 7 1/2 out of 10. Daniel gave it 8 out of 10. I give it 8 out of 10. It was yummy and the potato was really awesome too.